7 February 2010

Mani Irani: My Cloudy Days -روزهای ابری من

Source and translation: Negar Irani/Facebook

Negar:
As I translated this moving piece on Evin, I couldn't help but think about all the innocent people being beaten and tortured in the notorious jails in Iran. My heart goes out to every single one of them. To their families and friends. To their loved ones. It is time to say ENOUGH is ENOUGH! Where will you be this 22nd of Bahman? WE MUST RISE and RECLAIM our IRAN.

English Translation
Please scroll down for original Farsi Text by Mani Irani


"My Cloudy Days" 

I don't know what the mystery is between myself and the nights at Evin, but for some reason, I never arrive there before midnight. No matter how strong my desire to get myself there earlier, to be there when the families are still gathered, so that I can warm my heart, for some reason it's difficult. One night I make it on time, two nights I don't. Tonight I will once again arrive late. The majority of people have left already and there are only twenty something people under the bridge. I remain seated in my car. I keep going over the list of those who are still in there in my head. I keep wondering who's cellmates with whom? How many have been able to make contact with people in another cells? I try to have positive thoughts. I try to keep my thoughts away from interrogations, solitary confinement, etc.

I'm still sitting in the car. The heat in the car is on low. It's humid in the car and the windows start to fog. I see a familiar face. They took his brother away about a month ago. I get out of the car to say hello.

There is a cold breeze. Tonight the cold air is circulating in Tehran under the bridge in front of Evin. It penetrates deep into your bones. I shiver. For a moment I stand hesitant in front of my friend. I keep remembering how "J" is sensitive to the cold. That "Sh" has sensitive sinuses. I remember how everyone who comes out of Evin these days says that only every other radiator works and how cold it is in there.

Driving home, I leave the windows all the way open so that the cold air can turn me numb ....insensitive and numb.....

19 Bahman 1388
************************

"روزهای ابری من"

نمی دونم چه سری است بین من و شبهای اوین که هیچ وقت زودتر از نیه شب بهش نمی رسم. هرچقدر هم که دلم بخواد که زودتر، وقتی خانواده ها هنوز جمعن برسم اونجا ودلگرمی بگیرم سخت می شه.یک شب می شه و دو شب نمی شه.
امشب هم دیر می رسم. اکثریت رفتن و یه بیست و خورده ای نفر بیشتر زیر پل نیستن. همون جوری نشستم توی ماشین. دارم لیست بچه هایی که الان اون تو هستن را توی ذهنم مرور می کنم و خیال پرواز می دم. فکر می کنم که کی با کی هم سلولیه. اینکه کدومشون تا الان تونستن با سلولهای دیکه ارتباط برقرار کنه. این که تا الان کیا با هم دوست شدن. سعی می کنم فکرهای خوب کنم.به بازجویی و انفرادی و اینها فکر نکنم.

همون جوری توی ماشین نشسته ام. دمای بخاری روی کمه. گرمای ماشین مطبوعه. بخار کم کم می شینه روی شیشه. یه اشنا می بینم. برادرش را یه ماهی میشه بردن. پیاده می شم که سلام بدم.

سوز سرد می یاد. سرمای امشب تهران زیر پل جدید ساز روبروی اوین می پیچه و از لرز لباسها به عمق جون ادم نقوذ می کنه. لرز می گیردم. یه دفعه وایساده جلوی رفیقم کم می یارم. یاد این می افتم که ج سرمایی است. که ش سینوسهاش حساسه. که هرکی این روزها از اون تو می یاد می گه که شوفازهای یکی درمیون کار می کنن و چقدر اونجا سرده.
تا خونه پنجره را تا ته می کشم پایین و می ذارم سرما بهم نفوذ کنه تا بی حس بشم...کرخت و بی حس......

19 بهمن 1388
12:22 AM

Source: Negar Irani/Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment